Saturday, January 3, 2015

DIYs That Will Change The Way You Clean


Do you think you are an expert at cleaning? Think again! I have come up with seven tips to help you with the next time it is your job to clean up the whole house. I for one am a procrastinator when it comes to cleaning and then I end up with an enormous mess! These messes drive me crazy and I hate cleaning. If you are someone who hates cleaning as much as I do, You are going to LOVE this! Also, I found this cool site with more cleaning tips if you would like to check it out HERE. And lastly, please don't forget to vote on my poll!

When I have to do the dishes I find it completely disgusting when I'm cleaning a dirty plate with what looks like an every dirtier sponge! Want to fix this? Use a paper clip to hold up you sponge while you are not using it to prevent it from stewing in its own filth.

I hate it when the winter season comes along and when it's time to pull out the coats from my mudroom they are covered in filth! Surprisingly enough, my dad came up with this one. Prevent coats from dusting by cutting a hole in an old napkin or cloth and hanging it over the hanger.

Do you ever have a terrible scent coming from your sink as you do the dishes? Throw a half cut lemon into your garbage disposal to eliminate any odors.

If you're a procrastinator like me you probably only dust when you find your parent screaming at you to do it. Anyway, my aunt taught me this trick to dip a sock into a bowl with some vinegar and warm water, and use the sock as a glove while you're dusting. I love this trick and it’s way better than anything else I have ever used!

Cleaning the toilet is the worst job in the entire world. I feel like I’m going to throw up every time I do it and I HATE scrubbing the inside of it! The inside of the bowl always seems like the dirtiest part and I don;t understand why people use brushes to get rid of toilet grime when you can just pop in an alka-seltzer and let it sit for about twenty minutes. Boom! All that disgusting grime is gone once you flush!

Window gunk is disgusting and what I do is dip a Q-Tip into some vinegar to get rid of the small bits that form in the edges and corners of the windows.

 Have an old faucet that seems impossible to make shiny and new again? Rub you faucet with wax paper to get rid of spots and other stains. I think my grandmother taught me this one, but all I know is that it works like a charm!

I know this post might have been kind of disturbing for some but let me know what you think! I hoped this helped, happy cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment