Saturday, January 10, 2015

DIY Travel Ideas For Only The Smoothest Travelers

(Photo Courtesy Of: Trevor Morrow)

If you have read my “All About Me” post, you would know that I fly back and forth from Pennsylvania and Utah all the time. I personally feel like I have this traveling stuff down and want to share it with you!  Let me know if any of these help the next time you travel and also please vote on my poll!

Have you ever had smelly clothes after pulling them out of your suitcase from a long plane ride? Before you pack, throw a dryer sheet in to keep all of you clothing items fresh and smelling amazing! It’s also nice when you open a suitcase and get a giant whiff of freshness from that little sheet!
Most people I know fold there clothes into little squares, one on top of the other, when they pack. What they don't know is how they are folding there clothes is the reason why it always comes out so wrinkly! The best way to pack clothing items is to roll them! Rolling them not only prevents wrinkles, but takes up a lot less space, maybe letting you pack an extra pair of shoes! Want to save even more space? Shove all of those rolled up clothes into Ziploc bag. 

Need another way to save space? I always shove my underwear and socks into my shoes! You never realize how much space the inside of your shoes are taking until you try this tip! I can fit up to four pairs of socks into one shoe!
My grandma taught me that the best way to travel with your jewelry is to put them in an organizer pill container, then they won’t get lost, tangled together, or most importantly, stolen.

On my last trip I wanted to pack a necklace that happened to have be super thin. To keep it from tangling I threaded it through a plastic straw (like a cheap one from McDonalds) and then closed it. It’s so convenient and will never get tangled!
Need a sneaker place for money? Roll up your cash and stick it in an empty chap stick container. No one will ever know!

Something thats good to always remember if you are going someplace special is to pack an empty bag for all your souvenirs or presents on the way back. You'll be thankful you did it on the ride home!

Do you have a clothing item that is in need of folding and not rolling? Fold over tissue paper to prevent from wrinkling. To be honest with you I have never tried this trick myself but my dad always uses it for his suits since he travels all the time for business. I personally don’t know how that would work though!

Bringing a bottle of liquids like shampoo, conditioner, perfume or lotion? Take the cap off, wrap plastic wrap over the hole then seal the cap bag on. This trick I promise you will always work. I have used this trick ever since a whole bottle of condition destroyed half my wardrobe on a trip to Disney World!

No comments:

Post a Comment