Saturday, January 24, 2015

5 DIYS To Improve Your Household

Mary Poppins  Knows How It's Done

Hello everyone! I am here again to show you some tricks I have learned throughout my life to improve your household. Feel free to let me know how these DIY tricks work for you if you try them!  Most of these I have learned from my amazing Grandma who in my eyes is better than Mary Poppins when it comes to cleaning and keeping a house looking nice and organized. 

Okay, the first trick I have learned is one to make more space in your closet. How, do you ask? Thread a cap from a soda can through the hook of a hanger to hook another hanger under that one. In my closet I can now hold three times the amount of clothes on each hanger which saves me so much space!

Another trick is one I learned about week ago when my bathroom sink clogged up and my grandma told my dad to pour hot water, baking soda and vinegar down the sink to speed up my drain. It worked really well and we didn’t have to go and buy any product to fix it!

Another one I found online a long time ago was to use the rough scrubbing side of a sponge to easily remove lint, or in my case, dog hair from your couch. My dog, Jake (the brown dog that’s in a picture from my previous post) is always on my couch and at this time of the year, is shedding like crazy! This trick always helps.

Have you ever bought something nice but it had an annoying label that you tried to rip off, but never came off completely? Use a mixture of vegetable oil and baking soda to remove stubborn sticky labels. I promise you, it works every time.

I have a compartment under my bed that used to have a basket full of cords that was literally over flowing and in one giant knot. When my Grandma came to Utah once, she saw the mess and thought of the idea to use toilet paper rolls to keep all your cords separate instead of having a box of tangled cords. This trick makes getting cords so much easier and it now takes no time at all to grab what I need and go.To make things even easier you could always label the toilet rolls to get what you want even faster.

And finally, people in Park City, are you still too lazy to clean your own house? Click HERE for Park City cleaning services! I haven’t ever used them for my house but the website seemed pretty legit if you need that kind of help. Anyway, those are my five DIY tricks to help improve your household. Hope these help and don’t forget to vote on my poll so I know what you guys would like to see in the future. Thanks for taking your time to read this and I’ll be posting again next Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment