Saturday, April 18, 2015

6 DIYs For Your Fabulous Shoes!

Shoe Photo Courtesy of: Shoes Inc.

Hello everyone, this week’s blog is all about the shoes. This week I have been thinking of some tricks I personally know that I hope can help you out too! Let me know what you think in the comments below. Without further or do, here are my six “shoe” DIYs that I hope help you out!

Have some annoying squeaky shoes? Add some baby powder to the inside of your shoes to silence them! My dad just bought me these really nice running shoes and the first time I used them was for a mile I ran in cheer, and each step I took they squeaked so loud. Even with my shoes being black, the baby powder worked so well and didn’t stain anything (btw it easily comes off the socks).

 Need a natural way to get the smell out of your shoes? Add some tea bags to your shoes to eliminate the odors! My friend’s cheer shoes used to stink up her entire bedroom until her mom made her do this, it worked!

My next trick my grandmother taught me, and is the most important. ALWAYS shoe shop at night. Your feet swell throughout the day and if you buy shoes that fit perfectly in the morning, they will be uncomfortable and too tight by the end of the day. This way, your shoes will always fit. Clever huh?

Do you need to wear those kind of heels that are uncomfortable and too narrow in the toe area? Tape your big toe and the one next to it together! This trick helps you keep your feet comfortable in the narrow area of a high heel. To eliminate people seeing your toes tapes, you could also use a bandaid that matches your skin color if they happen to be opened toed shoes.

Have shoes that will cause blisters if you wear them for too long? Any shoes that are not my cheer shoes, converse or boots always do that to me. Apply some clear gel deodorant to those problem areas to avoid blisters. I always use this trick whenever I need to wear flats, it really works and won’t stain your shoes!

Do you have some painful blisters? Well first of all, you should have used the DIY above this one. But if you happened to get a painful blister, soak your feet in some warm green tea. The green tea is a natural "anti-inflammatory agent" to help the pain and heal those blisters. Another trick from my amazing grandma, if you were wondering. 

Need to shop for some shoe organizing containers for shoes? Shop HERE! This website is where my mom bought all of our organization shelves and stuff like that. 

So those are my six easy DIYs to help you out with any “shoe problems” you might have in the future. DO forget to vote on my poll so I know what you guys want to see! Again, thanks for reading and you’ll hear from me next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment