Saturday, October 11, 2014

DIY Hair Growth Treatment

(Photo Courtesy Of: ALEXANDRA DALUISIO)

Last summer, I dyed my hair ombre. As I was getting this done I also had my damaged ends cut. Turns out I had 6 inches of damaged hair from heat styling with no heat protecting. I hated how short it was.

My hair literally right when I got into the car from the salon:



Anyway, I wanted my hair to grow back, and I wanted it back fast. So I started searching hair growth treatments. Most things I found were up to fifty dollars, which I knew I wouldn't have after paying for the salon and heat products. I decided to research certain ingredients that are really good for hair growth, like maybe foods I could start eating.

I learned that to get longer hair you have to start at the "root" of the problem, aka, your scalp. You start with your scalp because most people have scalp inflammation without even knowing it! That is leading to slow hair growth.

So now you're wondering, what does my scalp need? The answer, sulfur. The juice in an onion has tons of sulfur which your scalp needs to create blood flow and to open your blocked pores, making your hair grow faster! 

I know what you're thinking, eat an onion?! Don't worry, I have created a treatment that only involves you applying it to you scalp and not your mouth.

So to create this easy treatment all you're going to need is:
  • Half an onion
  • Blender, cheese grater or juicer (I went with the cheese grater)
  • Small container with lid to hold your new product

*Quick Tip: I used a red onion, but a white onion, or any other kind of onion will work!

So now that you have your ingredients that were probably in your home, you are going to grate your onion into your container. When I was doing this, I cried like no other!

*Quick Tip: Need some onion cutting tips? CLICK HERE

Once your done you should have small chunks of onion, or what I thought looked like purple applesauce. It should feel more like a liquid between your fingers. That’s the juice, or in other words, what our scalps need! I’d say I did about three tablespoons but you should vary between two and four tablespoons depending on how thin or thick your beautiful hair is.

*Quick Tip: Apply out of the shower!

So once you have your treatment all you have to do is dab your finger into the juice and rub all around your scalp.

*Quick Tip: Massage your scalp about three times a week for best results.

Then wait between thirty minutes to an hour! I kept mine in for about forty-five minutes. Then wash your hair and you're done! Store the rest of your treatment away. I’ve been doing this one to three times a week and have been getting amazing results!

*Quick Tip: The smell will come out after washing your hair.


I hope you liked this, please vote on my poll! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment