Saturday, February 21, 2015

7 Baking DIYs for Pros


Hello everybody! Today I have seven easy baking hacks that I came up with, with the help of my grandma, who basically taught me everything I know about cooking and baking. She and I would always cook together whenever I was at her house when I lived in Pennsylvania. So I can approve that these DIYs came from an expert when it comes to the art of food. Let me know what you think in the comment section and I hope you enjoy!

Have you ever wanted to make your own whipped cream instead of using the cheap stuff from the can? Fill a jar with heavy whipping cream, close and shake for about three minutes for homemade whipped cream! Add some sugar to the mixture to make it sweet. This version tastes much better and natural in my opinion and is better than you then the stuff you can get at the store in a can.

Decorating cupcakes? Or a fabulous cake? Add jello packet powder to icing for color and fun flavors. Doing this trick allows you to only have to get one big thing of white icing then all you have to do is split it into all of the different colors you want! This is great for whenever you are baking with younger kids. 

In desperate need for a rolling pin? Use a wine bottle! My house currently still does not have a rolling pin because we always have a wine bottle and it works just as well. Just remember to add flour onto the bottle so nothing sticks to it. 

Have no icing for cupcakes? Put a cloth with a pretty design on the cupcake and dust on some powdered sugar, you should be left with a pretty sugar design when the cloth is removed! You can also just use a regular paper and add a design to it by cutting one out. This is also another fun project you can do with kids. You can also use this trick on top of icing to make your treats look extra fancy. 

Are you in desperate need of born sugar? Combine sugar and molasses to make your very own brown sugar! Just remember, one tablespoon of molasses to every one cup of sugar. I promise you it works just as well as brown sugar.

If your own brown sugar is as hard as a rock, microwave it for about twenty seconds to make it once a soft again. I remember puling out a bag of brown sugar in my pantry that was literally a rock. My sharpest knife wouldn't even cut through it. This DIY really solved the problem. 

Use a clean syringe for easy decorating with kids! Put some colored icing into a syringe and you can use it for decorating sugar cookies or cupcakes. It’s a lot of fun to do with kids. 


Want to learn more about the basics of baking? Click HERE! I hope this helped with your baking skills and don’t forget to vote on my poll so I know what you guys would like to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment